Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Morning Vietnam!!

So finally I am in Vietnam!! I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City (also known as Saigon) on Monday after spending the Cambodian Independence day (November, 9th) in Phnom Phen.

Saigon, a busy city that never stops. I has almost 10 million people and 5 million of motorbikes at least. To cross any street you just close your eyes and keep walking between the motorbikes, and I don't know how, you always get to the other side of the street!

Since Monday I've been doing a lot of things... Yesterday I visited the Cu Chi tunnels, 200 km of tunnels built during the war by Vietnamese people supporting communist to hide from the Americans.

Today I've been in the Mekong Delta to see the villages over there. Nothing special rather than sailing in the river. We were too may people in the tour and we went too fast. Here in Vietnam it seems that you can only, or its easier, to visit the things with a private tour operator, and at the end of the day they bring you to some commercial expositions and honestly, I am not used to that. I prefer to go on my own, bargaining the price of the tuk-tuk...

Anyway, the next day I tell you some history from Vietnam and post some pictures.

No comments: