Monday, December 15, 2008

Something similar than paradise... Koh Phi Phi...



Southern Thailand. Some kind of paradise to disconnect. It has been long time since my last update in the blog. As you can imagine, no news mean good news, and I am trying to enjoy a lot these last days of my trip. Yes... you heard right, finally I think it's enough of my travels. I have been thinking to follow with India and Nepal, or even go to south America throw China. But I am now quite tired of packing/unpacking my bag every two or three days, to meet people for three or four days and then you have to say good bye and follow your trip again alone. But so far, I am happy of these 12 weeks traveling and quite a bit sad of having to leave Asia. I will come back for sure soon.

Leaving Langkawi in Malaysia was hard. Langkawi was one of that places that I felt very good, there was not too much to do, but everything was easy. I rode all the island with a motorbike, I knew every single corner of the island. I could think a lot there, and thanks to the rain I met very interesting people around the Gecko guest house. Finally I decided to move. I was not sure where though. I just went to the Pier and took a ticket for the ferry to Satun, the first village in the Thailand border.

Once in Satun, it was not clear where I would sleep that night. My first idea was to go to Krabi, but I don't know how "Mr Rockandroll" and the "Princess" convinced me to go with them to Koh PhaNgan, an island in the east side of Thailand. I met Chris and Tania in the guest house I was staying in Langkawi and I've been travelling with them these last days. We took some kind of taxi together from Satun direction to full moon party, well it was a funny trip so the driver was 17 years old and he was asking for directions every half an hour. The trip was a little bit scary but we arrived on time to take the last ferry direction Kho Phangan.

Kho Phangan has some nice beaches in the north, but the main atraction of the island are the parties of the moon. The main one is the 'full moon' party. It started 20 years ago, where some travelers met in Had Riin beach for the full moon. It starts during the sunset with chill out music and it lasts until noon the next day (of course I was already sleeping at that time...) I thought it would have been different, with more fire in the beach, but actually it was some kind of drunk party with plenty of people looking like 'Spice Girls' and 'Back Street Boys', rather than a travelers meeting. But it was ok, I enjoyed a lot. I met again a lot of people from these last three months traveling...

So the nights in Kho Phangan were party, there are plenty of warming-up parties thenight befores, but during the day we took motorbikes and we discovered the northern part of the island and its beaches and it was quite nice.

I left Koh Phangan after the full moon party, I am running out of time and I decided to visit some island in the western part. I head of to Krabi on the night boat, arriving at SuraTani around 5 where I could watch the Barcelona Madrid match! It was funny the end ;-) Again on the bus from Suratani to Krabi I changed my plans again, so I stop in the pier of Krabi and took another ferry direction to Kho Phi Phi island. This place was completely destroyed during the tsunami and now everything is new (the prices are also 'new'). Here is one of the nicest places in Thailand, but this is not a secret, and there is plenty of people everywhere.

Yesterday I spend all the day in a long tail boat around small island and movie beaches, it was so beautiful... We spent a lot of time in the water snorkeling between color fishes, jellyfishes, even people said they could see a shark... I didn't though!

So, I am going to explore a little bit more this island! See you soon!

Gerard


Chris, Tania and me... I'll miss them a lot




The first time the reality is better than a postacard...




Isn't Koh Phi Phi a paradise?



Sailing and sailing...

3 comments:

Marta said...

Gerard!
que morenet que estàs!!!
d'aquí una setmana ja et tenim per aquí... preparat pel fred!

Fins la setmana que ve! :p

belen said...

Bueno Gerard
parece que ya toca finalizar el viaje, me alegro de que sigas sano y salvo y por lo que veo muy contento con tu experiencia.
Dejate caer pronto por Cork con miles de fotos y nos lo cuentas todo en directo ehhhh??
Un besote y buen viaje de vuelta
Belen

Unknown said...

hola gerard!
sóc la gemma de langkawi, res que recordava el teu blog i he entrat a tafanejar. Bé, veig que has decidit tornar, doncs res, espero que vagi tot molt bé. Jo ja sóc aquí però encara no m´hi trobo del tot.
Que vagi molt bé,
gemma